... in my new blue hues

Strawberry Bitch @ Red Fez

I am really excited about this summer, where I will be heading west to a bunch of readings and events with good friends that I haven't seen in a while.
July 3 I will feature at Jeanne Lupton's poetry series at the Bread Workshop in Berkeley. Jeanne is a gracious, wonderful presence in the bay area poetry community and I am looking forward to seeing her again.
By July 4, most of the dozens of people making plans to get to the Bay area will be in town for the week and we are going to meet up at the home of
Oakland poet Paul Corman-Roberts. We will rest up for TOXIC ABATEMENT on July 5 at Viracocha, featuring readers, music, after party:
Viracocho, 998 Valencia St., San Francisco, CA 94110-2322
Spoken Words, Contaminated World. Full Of Crow Press/Fashion For Collapse present TOXIC ABATEMENT on July 5, 2012 7:30-10 at Viracocha, 998 Valencia, San Francisco. Hosted by Paul Corman-Roberts and Lynn Alexander. Featuring The Three Times Bad Band and Youssef Alaoui-Fdili, Zarina Zabrisky, Cassandra Dallett, Sharon Coleman, John Swain, Tim Murray, Joel Landmine, Shali Nicholas, Amy Glasenapp, Jezebel Delilah X, Missy Church, Frankie Metropolis, and Brian Fugett.
Punk Hostage Press Reading
Friday, July 6. 4-6pm Pacific
The Baltic Restaurant
135 Park Place, Point Richmond, CA 94801
this a non-salon, casual, open air reading brought to you by Iris And Razor to celebrate the fruition of Punk Hostage Press with all our friends in the bay area…the reading will feature Iris Berry, A. Razor, Frank Reardon, Lindsey Thomas, Frankie Metropolis and more TBA …
For more info visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/250333931738112/
MORRIGAN WARS
Friday, July 6. Berkeley
Performance art by Lynn Alexander and Paul Corman-Roberts. For more information please contact Lynn here.
BEAST CRAWL
Saturday, July 7, 5-11pm
Beast Crawl is the East Bay Literary Pub Crawl. This year will be hosted by a variety of Bay Area curators who have chosen to feature many fabulous writers in venues located in the 19th St. BART vicinity between 25th St. and 15th St.
Performance times are 5:00, 6:30 and 8:00. Readings to begin simultaneously at those times in all the different venues. There will also be an afterparty at 9:30.
For more information visit their tumblr page here.
Red Crow @ Beast Crawl Leg 2
Saturday, July 7 6:30-7:30
Inwell Tattoo, 2400 Broadway Ave. Oakland, CA
Hosted by Michele McDannold and Lynn Alexander, performers include Jason Neese, Aurora KillPoet, and Frank Reardon, for Full Of Crow, and Bill Gainer, Lynn Alexander, and Paul Corman-Roberts reading for Red Fez. Special guest Puma Perl will bring her ink from the East- coming all the way to Oakland from New York!
Crawling Zygote @ Beast Crawl Leg Three
Saturday, July 7. 8-9pm
Xolo, 1916 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, CA 94612 (across from Fox Theater)
Hosted by Brian Fugett, performers include Tim Murray, Cathleen Daly, Frankie Metro, Lindsey Thomas, Rob Pierce and Youssef Alaoui.
BEAST CRAWL AFTER PARTY: 4th leg of the Beast at Club Paradiso, located at 2272 Telegraph Ave, Oakland (#27 & #28 on the Beast Crawl Map, between 23rd and Grand, next to Rock Paper Scissors). The after party is FREE and open to everyone (21+). We have the private upstairs room reserved for drinking, dancing, and schmoozing.




Many things have changed, many things have stayed the same. I'm now head fiction editor over at Red Fez and have taken on the quarterly Poetry at Full Of Crow. I produce and manage the site but have actually NEVER edited the poetry. This summer will be the first issue, so we'll see how it goes.

I do a monthly column "Strawberry Bitch" at Red Fez now, which focuses on an issue mixed in with some kind of anecdote. This month, I go on about my love for Judy Blume and how her banned book "Forever" became the neighborhood preteen sex manual. Can you imagine a time a few decades ago when the mere subject of teenagers having sex caused a firestorm? Can you imagine pushing the envelope and risking your career as a prominent children's author to put it out there anyway, consequences be damned?

New issue of Blink Ink coming.  Fashion For Collapse and MUST microzine are still going. Lot of things are still going.

Which is why I rarely have time to blog anymore. I enjoyed it way back, and it was not only an outlet for my thoughts but a way to connect with other bloggers. I say that I will get back to it, but then I can't. I miss the days when I could. I figure things will ease up, but then I have this list of stuff...

Thank you to my friends out there, the ones that support the things that matter to me and who remain patient when I am buried.

If anyone will be in the Bay area July 2-10, holler and let's meet up. I will also be in Ohio, Illinois, New Mexico... a few places, coming up soon.


No comments: